Thursday, October 16, 2014

~ black and white and red all over ~

My favorite color combination, year round, is most definitely black and white.  Black maxi dress + white sandals, white shorts + b/w striped shirt + white Converses, black corduroys + white button up + black flats, etc., etc., etc.  I even have this compulsive need for all of my blacks to match each other (because a greyish black t-shirt DOES NOT match a black black pencil skirt, no matter how hard you try to make it).

Black color thesaurus

Of course, I love bright clothes and red lipstick and crazy color combinations, but black and white go together effortlessly.  It's like a lazy dresser's dream!

Yesterday I stood pant-less in front of my closet for 15 minutes before I decided to stop forcing something that wasn't going to happen and just grab something black a white - but because my jeans were in the wash and it was too chilly for shorts, it came down to my red pants or polkadotted capris.

{gap pants, ralph lauren shirt via. goodwill, converse all stars}

The way I figure it, you kind of can't go wrong with a black and white color combination.  It can be dressed up, dressed down, and dressed sideways (if that's a thing).  

And if black and white is good enough for Marlene Dietrich, it's good enough for me.

Marlene Dietrich - Sassy hollywood star

xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment