Monday, October 20, 2014

~ art/life, life/art ~

"Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life." - Oscar Wilde

Picking a favorite art style is like asking someone to pick their favorite child, but luckily I don't have any children.  Due to this I can feel 100% guiltless in saying that surrealism is my favorite.

{Dali}

{Magritte}

{Kahlo}

I love Frida Kahlo, Salvador Dali, RenĂ© Magritte, etc., etc.  

Basically any artist whose paintings frequently include lobsters, dismembered body parts, melting clocks, and large mountains.

Despite my love for surrealism, I've never quite been able to produce any good surrealist artwork myself.  However, sometimes you don't need to change the style, just the medium.  


I think I'll stick to surrealist photography and leave the painting to the pros.

xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment