Monday, June 2, 2014

~ once upon a time ~

This weekend was filled with more than its fare share of fairy tales.

Beginning with Saturday's magical photoshoot...



I was planning on doing a 50s version of Alice in Wonderland but when I walked outside, Mother Nature was getting ready to have a major storm.  In between the lightning and before it started pouring, I changed the mood of the photoshoot into a creepy Alice/Dorothy/Wizard of Oz/tornado - I don't know why I didn't think of it before!






Continuing with the magic theme, last night I went to see Maleficent, which was amazing!  There were definitely some bits that could have been cut out, but overall it was a great film for kids and adults.  After paying more attention to the makeup and costumes than to the plot, I came home and did a rough version of Angelina Jolie's makeup and awesome cheekbones.  I'll have to try again when I'm using something other than brown eye shadow and concealer.


Whew.  What a weekend!  On the agenda for this week?  Making Maleficent's horns out of masking tape and cardboard and writing an essay on urbanization, immigration, and the politics of the Gilded Age.  I'd say back to normal, but I'm not so sure that counts as normal!  As close as I can get for now...

xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment