Friday, November 8, 2013

~ skirting the issue ~

It's funny how every summer the idea of wearing sweaters, tights, and plaid is sickening.  Yet the minute the temperature drops below 70 (which, let's face it, is cold for Floridians) I find myself unpacking the fall/winter clothes and wearing them even if I sweat through the layers.  In Florida you learn to accept the sweat, the warm falls, freezing winters, and generally bipolar weather.  I can't count how many times I'll be decked out in my winter clothes and someone on campus will walk past in shorts and a t-shirt!  Today was a perfect example of that - low 50s in the morning, high 70s in the afternoon.  As I walked out of the grocery store, a men's soccer team walked past in shorts, and tank tops (with a few shirtless ones mixed in).  Here's what I was wearing....

{vintage bobbie brooks skirt, F21 sweater, target tights and bag, isaac mizrahi shoes}

This skirt was my mom's from the late 60s/early 70s, and I'm completely in love with it!  And the shoes?  I got them when I was eleven and they still fit.  Definitely a good investment!

Oh and if you love vintage advertising, google "bobbie brooks ads" and have fun...


This outfit will be reserved for fall-related grocery shopping (pumpkin, brown sugar and cranberries), and library visits.  Now here's a word from our favorite clothing snob!


xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment