Wednesday, September 9, 2015

~ teal ~

I confess that I'm not an expert in color.  I skipped Color Theory class at school, black and black is my go-to color combo, my room was Rose Pink .01 for 12 years because I couldn't decide what color to paint it, and when I finally did paint it, I settled on white so that I wouldn't have to buy matching bed linens.  Despite this lack of color literacy , I find myself strongly drawn to different colors during different stages of my life.  Pink, light gray, orange, navy blue, and now, teal.  For those of you more proficient than I am in the language of colors, feel free to let me know what that means.


This heavy presence of color in my life, coupled with a new-founded obsession with Wes Anderson, has lead to the birth of a new project: The Interior Portrait Series.  A monochromatic study on the link between color and emotion.


In such a chaotic and transformative period of my life, I'm excited to begin a new project.  And who knows?  Maybe it will be just as good for me as any color theory class would have been.

xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment