Tuesday, February 10, 2015

~ let's hear it for the boy ~

I've loved menswear as long as I can remember - walking into my grandfather's closet and seeing his suits on one side, and what seemed like 100 blue shirts that were only slightly different on the other, and all of his shoes, lined up neatly on a shelf underneath had a profound impact on my sartorial education.  Diane Keaton, Marlene Dietrich, Frida Kahlo, Cary Grant, equestrian wear from the '30s, etc., etc.  Classic tailored lines, broad shoulders, mismatched ties, vests, pocket squares, cuff links - I love it all.

Diane Keaton in Woody Allen's Annie Hall. Styled by Diane Keaton herself.the original jersey girl. thank you coco, for making women look so damn sexy dressed in menswear. chanel <3
Fashionable riding suits, 1937

This winter, I think I've worn a dress twice and that was only because all of my pants were in the wash (and it was 70 degrees), so I think it's safe to say I've entered a new era of my personal style.
{button up: Old Navy / striped shirt: Ralph Lauren via goodwill / blazer: Target / jeans: Gap}


I've spent the last week scouring Etsy, ebay, and Pinterest for vintage ties and riding pants, only furthering my obsession and making all my clothes seem boring and too feminine for my taste.  So if anyone has a velvet top hat or a three-piece tweed suit, I'd be happy to take them off your hands! 

xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment