Wednesday, November 12, 2014

~ veteran's day ~

Veteran's Day is a special day to so many people.  I feel lucky to have spent it with my family, celebrating all those who have served and are serving - especially Pop, who never thought of himself as a hero.

Pop.  22 years old.

I miss him every day.  

Yesterday we went to the parade downtown, saw good friends, and watched my sister's boyfriend perform with the Marching Chiefs.



A few years ago I had the pleasure of being Rosie the Riveter and riding in an amazing WWII jeep - I even carried a small photo of Pop with me!



I'm not sure about a lot of things, but if there's an "up there" for him to be, he's definitely there.  Probably wondering why I don't polish my pots and pans more than I do and scolding me for wearing yoga pants on a Wednesday afternoon.

Thank you to everyone for your service.

xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment