*And another thing: There's going to be a gallon and a half of sarcasm in this post. Possibly a bit more.
Okay, so I'm not saying I've completely given up on the prospect of having a loving (non-feline) relationship sometime in my future, but I'm retiring from the ever-tiring search for "the one," a search that I've only halfheartedly participated in, and a notion that I only halfheartedly believe in.
When I was younger, I always said that I wouldn't date until I was 20. It was mostly a stubbornness thing, but Young Me did have a good point (that being that I am an extremely picky person with incredibly high standards). I could tell you the whole damn thing, but the short version of this tragic story ends with me breaking my personal vow at the wee age of 17. But no matter. If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
I'm not too sure why I've decided to renew Young Me's vow. Maybe this is just the next step of settling into my crazy cat lady status, or maybe it's because Valentine's Day is fast approaching, but whatever the reason, I couldn't be happier. Which brings me to the main point of this post - February the 14th is going to be a whole lot of awesome this year. Here's why...
- I'm going to be livin' it up in Savannah on Valentine's Day, instead of my usual routine (*you know...eating chocolate, watching chick flicks, and crying softly into my pillow*)
- I'm on a new diet that allows me to eat as much chocolate as I want as long as I think about doing squats once during the day
- I'm back to wearing fiery red lipstick everyday
- New Girl and The Mindy Project exist (just in case I get a little sappy and need a good laugh to snap me out of it)
- I have my priorities sorted out
- I am 100% free of crushes....unless we're talking about fictional character, olympic athletes, or handsome british men, in which case my crush bank is overflowing
- I've now read like 99% of Shakespeare's great love stories and I'm under the opinion that love is nothing to get all worked up over (or drown yourself over, for that matter...looking at you, Ophelia)
- this photo exists (via the Kitsch Bitsch on facebook)
There you have it, folks. Of course there are many more reasons why this Valentine's Day is gonna rock, but that's all for now. So, however you choose to celebrate this day of love, don't let it be the only day you show the ones you love just how much you love them. Remember to dish out love every single day!