Wednesday, January 15, 2014

~ drowning in pink dresses ~

Nothing cheers me up quite like a pile of fluffy pink dresses.  And VINTAGE dresses, at that!  They say laughter is the best medicine, but sometimes all it takes is playing dress-up and listening to big band music.

That's what I did today.


I am beyond thankful for two aunts who kept their prom dresses from the 50s and 60s, and a grandmother who meticulously kept everything clean, and carefully tucked away in a cedar chest. 



I am also thankful for the vintage gods, who either kept me the same size or made my favorite vintage dress bigger.  Purchased around 2007 or 08, worn to a wedding, quickly outgrown, and miraculously the right size a few years later.


So the next time you're feeling down, try out the above technique, and listen to Mr. Hemingway...


Keep your head up!  Oh and Happy National Hat Day, everyone!!  Expect to soon be bombarded with photos of all my favorites.

xoxo,
Eliza

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful dresses. I enjoy your sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Velva! That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete