Thursday, September 24, 2009

Greetings - Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last couple of days. It's been a really hectic week for me. My ballet company is doing the nutcracker, so I've been tied down with rehearsals, classes and not to mention school! My sister comes home from Barcelona next Tuesday, so we're enjoying the last few days of quiet.

Well, fall is a upon us and so are the various allergies. This morning I woke up feeling like someone had filled my lungs with teddy bear stuffing. Ahhh, what a...lovely...feeling.

My Grandfather (who we all call Pop) is about to have his 90th birthday! And just a couple of weeks ago he quit his job at the golf course (he didn't get paid with money - he got paid in free golf games!). He's the kind of grandfather who can be on a bed at the hospital after having a heart attack and get up and do an Irish jig the next day while in his hospital gown (which believe it or not he actually did about 2 or 3 years ago). It seems like every time we think that he's as funny as he can get, he somehow ups the level.

Last night my mom and I went to see the one-night-only HD version of The Wizard of Oz! And I didn't even get creeped out by the flying monkeys or the talking apple trees - amazing! The Wizard of Oz is one of those movies that you could watch 100 times and see something that you hadn't noticed before every time you watch it. And did you know that the tornado was made out of a nylon stocking? Weird.

I'm gonna go and eat some lunch now - I'll post more later! There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment