Wednesday, November 19, 2014

~ cold weather cravings ~

In the summer I crave cucumbers, pasta salad, and mint ice cream.  In the fall I crave pumpkin-y things, halloween candy, and hot tea.  And when it barely hits 50 degrees all day, I crave hot, HOT soup and fruit.  A lot of fruit.



I've just discovered how awesome fresh pomegranate is and now nothing else will do!


And in this case, the soup in question is called Everything Soup (because I made it when I was in a bad mood and just grabbed everything from the vegetable drawer and dumped it in).  Green peas, onions, broccoli, carrots, tofu, pasta, some salt, lots of black pepper, cumin, and soy sauce.  First saute all the vegetables, then add the rest of the ingredients, about 4 cups of water, and let it simmer until the vegetables are soft enough.

Tonight for dinner it's butter beans, roasted vegetables, and a salad.  If the only physical activity I get this winter is going for a run every two weeks and speed walking around campus to avoid the cold, at least I know I'll be eating healthy.  (never mind the fact that I have a box of donuts on my counter right now)

xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment