Wednesday, June 25, 2014

~ style rut ~

Lately my everyday outfits have consisted of jeans, a t-shirt or button up, flats or sandals, and a whole heap of boring.  Not a speck of vintage to be found.

Something clearly has to be done about that.  So here's a dose of my summer outfit, makeup, and hair inspiration.

It's ALL about the 50s and 60s...

1960's hair...i wish my hair could do this

1960s Hair Style

In the Garden, c. 1951

photo by Erwin Blumenfeld, May 1953 The makers of Barbie would go on to copy this outfit right down to the hat and shoes

Charlotte Rampling, 1967.

Catherine Deneuve, 1965

Chic winter white on the January 1955 cover of Vogue. #vintage #1950s #dresses #fashion
{so maybe this coat is not very practical for Florida weather, but the stripes are AWESOME}

yellow jersey 1960s mod minidress with matching whit purse (and car!) and yellow shoes

Consider the Breton Stripe | Man Repeller

Swimsuits from the #60s

love this suit

Bonjour Tristesse

Here's hoping this will be the inspiration needed to get me out of my style rut and back to my vintage vibe!

xoxo,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment