Sunday, May 11, 2014

~ mother's day ~

Today is a day to celebrate our mothers: the strong women who impact our lives in innumerable ways.

 

Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mother.  You have the strength of a million and a kindness that compares to no one.  I know that the "I don't know how you do it" phrase is overused, but it's true!  I honestly don't know how you do it.  

Actually, I take that back.  I DO know how you do it.  You are strong, smart, logical, empathetic, and you are brave.  That's how you do it all.  With passion and a mind boggling combination of power and grace.  The lessons you have taught me could fill all the books in the Library of Congress with no room to spare!  


You've been through tough times, but recovery is one of your strong points.  You have an amazing ability to overcome and I'm so proud of you!

Thank you for letting me share today, and every day with you.  To celebrate Mother's Day, we went to the Sweet Pea Cafe after I got off work.  Then we went shopping and finished the day reading by the pool.  A perfect day!

So Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  And to my sweet grandmother - thank you for raising such an awesome mommy!


Mommy, thank you for putting up with so much over the years.  You rock.

xoxo,
Eliza

1 comment: