Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Love Vintage Clothes!!!!

Greetings - Well today I decided to take hundreds of pictures of my vintage hats, jewelry, clothes and hatboxes. It'll probably crash my computer if I try to post them! In case you don't know by now, I love everything and anything that's vintage! You name it, I love it. Right now I'm bidding on a pair of alligator skin shoes (peep-toes!) from the 1940's. They're gorgeous! They have 3 1/2 inch heels and an ankle strap. If I win the bid then I won't take them off from the moment they arrive!


My most recent obsession is vintage shoes (you might have already guessed it. It's rare to find size 8 1/2 shoes from the 30's or 40's (either women back then had tiny feet, or I have huge feet. Either way, they're really hard to find.). I'm going to make it my goal to have at least 5 pairs of vintage shoes in my closet AT ALL TIMES!


My sister went to the Winston Churchill war rooms in London and she got me a replica of a book from the 40's called Make Do and Mend. It's so amazing! It shows you how to patch clothing, fix knitted sweaters if they have a hole in them and other ways to fix clothes.

I'll post some pictures later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment