Monday, September 21, 2009

Greetings from Barcelona!

Dear Readers - I just got a call from my sister who is traveling in Barcelona! From her apartment balcony she can see the famous Gaudi cathedral ( La Sagrada Famila)! I can't wait to see her pictures! She was in London for ten days before traveling to Spain, and I wish desperately I was there. She sent us an email from London that had quite possibly the worst opening sentence you write to your family when you're 4,000 miles away from home ( "now don't freak out or anything but......). You can fill in the blanks. I was thinking it could be a tattoo or a nose ring but no, she had what she thought was the flu. We're not sure if it was the flu, but even so, that's not what you want to hear. She's all better now, but all 3 of her traveling buddies have been sick. The London weather doesn't agree with her asthma. As soon as she sends pics I'll post them. She said that everyone in Spain wears these awesome gaucho-like pants (she's gonna buy a pair!) and when you order something at a restaurant they bring you a plate full of bread covered with tomato sauce complimented with lots of different kinds of olives. My mouth was watering when she told me. She's trying to think of a way to sneak some back for my mom, my dad and me! I'll write some more after I get back from my ballet class - Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment